Can you match Cambria Torquay with Carrara Tile?

Azure5June 13, 2014

I am redoing my bathroom and have a quartz Torquay countertop along with dark cherry vanities. I am thinking of getting Carrara tiles to use as a backsplash as well as for the tub/shower area. I have been told that these two clash and shouldn't be used together, but they seem to be a great match, in my opinion. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MizLizzie

Torquay is predictably patterned but every carrara tile will be different. I just unboxed a carrara countertop that is almost entirely smoke gray, with only 2 veins of cream. If you have laid out your tile in your space and they look good in that room with the light, then go for it. Hey, I'm putting a $700 polished brass faucet on my little slab of carrara. Nobody does that, either. But in my house, in my space, it's gonna work.

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 8:33AM
oldbat2be

Having lived with Torquay in the kitchen and pantry for two years now, I'd say no. How about using a shaped tile, like hex to add interest? I'd definitely use a solid color.

Good luck!

Bookmark   June 16, 2014 at 6:35AM
LARemodel

If you have a full mirror above the vanity, then can continue the Caesarstone onto a 4" backsplash. Otherwise, may want to consider other options. You may find inspiration in a similar thread on the Kitchen forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Does marble backsplash match Torquay

Bookmark   June 18, 2014 at 12:07PM
LARemodel

Here's another idea for a backsplash to go with your Cambria Torquay counter. I saw a curved glass mosaic backsplash used with a marble countertop in the master bedroom of a luxury home. I don't know the vendor for the backsplash.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™