Design Software for Front Elevation

JennyMcMay 1, 2013

Does anyone know how I can 'try' different bricks/mortar/trim on my front elevation drawing? Is there any free software or a website out there that will let me upload my elevation drawing and put different brick/mortar/trim on it to see how it will look??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

An architect's scale with a pencil and eraser works great.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 7:41AM
s_dipity

I have been using floorplanner.com and it gives a 3D view as well which you can print to show the elevation. Another good tool for 3D modeling is SketchUp from Google. Just watch some training videos before you start with sketchup It is a great tool.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 8:53AM
jannz77

s_diptiy: Do either of the two software pkgs you recommended offer any 'elevation' options / features..??..

We have our floor plan down... just need to decide what STYLE of house we want. I'm hoping to find a software pkg that in addition to floor plan it can also render some elevation ideas.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 10:27AM
s_dipity

jannz77,

Both of these 2 packages are as good as the use effort. So basically you get what you make. They don't offer any ideas or suggestions or 1-click views for different styles. You will have to pretty much draw everything yourself, the windows, the doors, exterior finish etc. etc. I am not aware of any package which does house-styles based off of a floor plan. Please do let me know if you find one.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:11AM
millworkman

You will not find a program like that as I have never seen or heard of one that exists. Too many variables.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:19AM
jannz77

Thanks for the responses about software that can render elevation styles.

I was researching to find a pkg and NOT coming up with anything so I appreciate you both saving me from anymore research.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Lessons of this Winter
I find lots of people are guided by aesthetics and...
edlincoln
Anyone have experience with Dow's Thermawrap R5.0?
We are in the planning stages of building a home in...
mmdoh
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
How to cut back on cost
We have 6 kids, 4 still at home. We want a large house...
mommabearof5
Modifying Master Bedroom Entry
This plan includes a nice hallway that runs across...
burbmomoftwo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™