Does Electrolux ever go on sale?

annkathrynMay 5, 2012

I'm considering an Electrolux induction range, but it's very pricey. It seems that retailers are punished for discounting Electrolux. AJ Madison currently has a deal for $500 off when you buy 4 appliances, but I really don't need 4, I just want the range. Has anyone found this brand on sale?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janjan212

I didn't see any "sales" when I was shopping, but I was able to get my Electrolux Double Ovens that were a display model in the showroom, at a significant discount. Some displays are in a live kitchen, some are not. Mine was not, it's never been hooked up. I also pulled the trigger on a Viking cooktop today, it too was open box but never installed. I saved about 500 dollars over the retail price.

I would suggest this route if you can find it, it's "seemingly" worked out well for me. Mine should all get delivered and Installed in about a week.

Good Luck!

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 6:44PM
cj47_gw

I've never seen the 'lux products go on "sale", but they do run rebates frequently. I saved significant money on my double ovens, 'fridge, and most recently my washer and dryer by waiting for rebates. Ask your local retailer or just keep a close eye out. Electrolux can run them, but local retailers also can run them from time to time.

Cj

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 7:00PM
chac_mool

A couple of years ago (when I bought my E'lux induction range), they had a 10% rebate. More specifically a debit card arrived a few months later with 10% of the purchase price (which had to be spent, not deposited in a bank).

As I recall, I had to buy in late June for that to work, but it may have been in celebration of the new range; I'm not sure its an annual thing.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 7:14PM
annkathryn

Thanks for the info! I went to my local Sears Outlet and also looked at Sears online, but didn't find any floor models. I'll look at a couple other places here in my area.

Maybe there will be a Memorial Day Sale or rebate offer?

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 1:26PM
attofarad

Last year, end of July, I bought the induction range on sale for $400 off, ajmadison. I hope it works when I finally get to install it -- at this rate, the 1yr warranty will be up by the time I get to install.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 2:02PM
ex007

Don't rely on your local Sears Outlet. Go to their website where you can search nationwide for what you want. That's how we found our Lux double oven and warming drawer at way more than 50% off.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:44PM
annkathryn

Yes, that's what I meant by Sears online, searsoutlet.com. They don't have any of the range I want (induction cooktop). I'll keep checking as I don't need to order right away.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 9:11PM
Rainwood

Thanks, ex007, for the sears outlet info. I was able to get a floor model of our Electrolux double wall ovens for half price. The delivery is a bit more, but we still saved a lot of money. Thank you so much!

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™