pretty pumpkin decor

PurplemoonSeptember 20, 2011

I am on Michaels mailing list, and just got a neat pumpkin project from them. Metallic paint on pumpkin and glitter on leaves. Unfortunately there is NO way to copy photos off Michaels site, so here's the link to the pumpkins and hopefully you can see how pretty they are.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: pretty pumpkins

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynnencfan

love these metallic pumpkins - at our next family craft night in October we had already decided to do metallic pumpkins w/glitter. I am searching for all kinds of ideas and this will be added to our idea list - TFS Karen :) .....

Lynne

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 10:21PM
phonegirl

Beautiful pumpkins, Karen. I would of never thought to use Mod Podge on the leaves, thanks. I'm so glad you find all these neat things to share with us.

Lynne, hope you will share pictures when yours are finished.

Punk

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 10:26PM
milosmom_gw

ooo how pretty. It didn't take you long to get my wheels churning once I made it back. lol
I'm assuming one could use real pumpkins (or maybe that's what they meant) but I don't like them much [they smell terrible to me] so my mind wandered off to either foam or some other sort that could be used multiple times. hmmm
Putting it on the list of things to contemplate. :-)

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 11:14PM
milosmom_gw

Checked my trusty ol friend Ebay as soon as I saw this. Found the perfect set of 4 in various sizes ,saw the price and ummm....no. $40.00 + waiting for them to get here from Alaska , yikes.lol
the hunt will continue however.

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 11:21PM
jeannespines

Just those 'cheap' faux pumpkins could be turned into these beautiful ones, I bet! Somewhere lately I saw faux ones that you could carve into...I think they were about $4 for a garden medium size one.

These are just GORGEOUS, PM! TFS! I hope whoever tries one shares pics! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 11:33PM
Purplemoon

I got mine from Michaels, on sale last year. Not sure how many I have and how I plan to decorate, so will see if I have one I can spray metallic. Otherwise I'll just "have" to go shop again.
darn.....
LOL

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 1:09AM
milosmom_gw

Karen: *unsolicited word of advice ahead*
Be careful using spray paint if yours are foam. I suppose it depends on the type of foam but I once attempted to spray a white piece for a floral arrangement and the paint melted the foam something pitiful.
I would imagine the paints in little bottles would be fine though.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 1:14AM
luvstocraft

Those are really pretty, and I love both the wide ribbon and the glittered leaves. Glad you shared another great idea--they are going on that waaay too long list of ideas! Luvs

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 1:35AM
Purplemoon

I remember you painting the styrofoam, MM. I think the faux pumpkins from Michaels would be ok, I'm pretty sure sure they are what's pictured in fact. But I'll check carefully before I do any spray painting. I can always get the metallic paint in bottles to try this too.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 4:05AM
lynnencfan

I am pretty sure the new Krylon paints and the new foams are pretty compatible - I have seen far too many craft ideas where the faux pumpkins have been spray painted but it is always best to check first.

As for getting the pumpkins - I get mine from Michaels, Walmart, DollarTree and just about anyplace that has fall decorations for sale. I will buy all shapes and sizes cause I like that pile of all kinds of gourds and pumpkins in a display .....

Lynne

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 9:51AM
luvstocraft

Lynne, hope you will take some pics of your family craft night to share with us here. I remember when you did it last year and it looked so fun. Luvs

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 10:54AM
bulldinkie

My daughter & I went to pumpkin [patch got 3 in shape of candy corn and painted them cute..

Bookmark   September 22, 2011 at 8:18AM
Purplemoon

I haven't seen the candy corn shapes, those sound really cute. Can you post pictures of yours? We'd love to see
them.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 22, 2011 at 6:59PM
kathleen_li

Those are so pretty! I think the pumpkins at Michaels would work, they are more plasticy than foam. The dollar store pumpkins are foamy.

Those would make a beautiful centerpiece.
Thanks. Karen!

Bookmark   September 22, 2011 at 8:50PM
Marlene Kindred

Great idea and the metallic pumpkins look so elegant. Gives me ideas...heck, just repainting mine with pumpkin colored paint would be good since they're getting a little icky looking...hadn't thought of that yet. Thanks for the link and the idea~

Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
Sponsored Products
Fambuena | Dress S Pendant Light
$587.20 | YLighting
Fort Antique Brass 66 to 120-Inch Double Curtain Rod
$68.95 | Bellacor
Uttermost Fabricia Metal Candle Sconce
Beyond Stores
Chef Series 32 Inch Premium 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Undermount 50/50 Double Bow
eModern Decor
Broadway Wave Suspension with Alternating Icicles by James R. Moder
$1,454.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Chelsea Multi 5 ft. 3 in. x 8
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™