Curbless shower, frameless shower sliding door

lalitharJune 10, 2012

Is this even possible? Our shower is 6ft x 44in. Kerdiboard on all 3 sides. The entire bath floor will be hot mopped. The drain in the Curbless shower is in the side that will have the fixed glass. I prefer a sliding glass door as that will make the access to the towel rod on the wall easier and I really want to avoid tracks on the floor (the whole reason we went with Curbless shower. I would love to see some pictures if you have seen something like this

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dianne47

Of course you can do this. Google John Whipple Vancouver, he's a very knowledgeable Canadian contractor who builds lots of curbless showers. He's the internet go-to resource for what you're describing. He has a blog and his own website, also lots of photos on Houzz.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 12:40PM
dianne47

Now that I think about it some more, you must at least have a bar across the top of a sliding door.

Bookmark   June 10, 2012 at 3:00PM
David

If you use a trench drain, hot mopping cannot be used for waterproofing. Instead, you will need to use either a Kerdi like or a painted on membrane.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 11:26PM
pharaoh

Yes, it is possible. here is one called hydroslide. we have one over a tub but that was not its intended use.

Here is a link that might be useful: hydroslide

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 12:23AM
lalithar

Thanks or the ideas.

Davidtay - we are not using a trench drain. We are using standard drain by ebbe.

Dianne47- I don't mind the top bar.. Just don't want to deal with the bottom track cleaning.

Pharaoh - I looked at the hydro slide link and it looks like there is a track in the bottom.. Or maybe I am not understanding how it is installed.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 12:41AM
pharaoh

There is no track at the bottom.

The fixed panel can be installed with clamps or channel.

The moving panel has a small metal bump to keep the water in. We replaced it with a clear plastic piece. I think it can be eliminated depending on your installation and experience once the door is installed.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 1:08AM
dianne47

I hear you on wanting the trackless bottom, those sliding shower door tracks are a royal pain. Good luck on your search.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 2:19PM
More Discussions
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™