printing on transparencies??????

carolyn_n_kyDecember 11, 2002

on caroll duvall show i saw her print photos on transparencies and inset them in a christmas decorations.

i have tried and the picture looks like a x-ray what do you do. i can put a paper behind it but she didn't.

thanks for any help.

carolyn n ky.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryanntx

I printed photos on the ink jet transparencies, cut them in circles and inserted them in the clear ornament balls. They look like bubbles but they are hard to see, like you said. I even tried darkening the photos before printing but it didn't help too much.

Bookmark   December 11, 2002 at 10:59PM
ArtsyCraftsy

The images are too hard to see if you dont do something to the back side, unless you are just hanging one from an ornament stand or somewhere where you have a clear view.
I sprayed silver paint on the back of mine. White crystal glitter can also work if you do not have too much small detail in the image.

Karen

Bookmark   December 12, 2002 at 9:08AM
maryanntx

I'm going to try printing on the silver metallic film to insert in the balls. I'm just wondering how to make it hold its shape. I'm afraid it will stay curled, as it's not that thick. Any ideas?

Bookmark   December 12, 2002 at 4:23PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Silver metallic film? I have not seen this in person so I don't know how thin it is, but it has to be a certain thickness not to get jammed in the printer. So I think it should relax inside the ball & straighten itself out.
The trick might be to get the size just right...a hair smaller than the inside of the ball, so the glass would help keep the image in place and prevent curling.

Bookmark   December 13, 2002 at 9:40AM
maryanntx

The silver metallic film is really cool! It looks like printing on a mirror. I bought a package a year ago and haven't used it very much. I printed out a picture of my son and his date for the prom and it looks really nice. I think if it will hold it's shape in the ball that it will look very unique. I've got a wild weekend coming up, but will try to find time to make one and take a picture to post here.

Bookmark   December 13, 2002 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
computer projects for kids!
hey all! I have to assign few computer/technology projects...
rosessecretgarden
hey
hey all! How are you doing?
rosessecretgarden
picture it 2002 substitute
I had to get a new computer with Windows7. I had XP...
june_nd
Please Help a GW friend in need?
Sorry for the oblique title, but not sure how to ask...
leahcate
Printable mouse pads
I would like to know if anyone can give me advice on...
kessy56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™