Fall Dining Room

christmascandySeptember 21, 2010

I use a leaf swag that I got from a TS several yrs ago and just wind it into my DR chandelier.

I got a real floral arrangement a few yrs ago and replaced the flowers when they died with silk florals so it is my centerpiece now. The large throw on the table is another TS find, and the candlesticks were from Big Lots several yrs ago and I just dry brushed them with gold. I change the candle rings on them for the different seasons.

My tea cart is in the corner with another vignette.

It has a 2 tier wooden server on it that I bought on sale at Target (not a TS!!) several yrs ago. The Scarecrow pitcher was also a past Big Lots purchase and the sugar and creamer were from Ross last yr. (on Tues. of course!)

TTFN,

Candy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Candy, your chandelier looks neat with the fall swag you drapped around on it. Love your table runner and candle holders on your dr table with the added candle rings on them. You painted them the right color to go perfectly.

The large plate is so awesome on your neat serving cart. All your decorations look great and the pitcher, creamer and sugar are perfect on there too. Very pretty.

Punk

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 9:30PM
Purplemoon

Candy, I'm in love with your tea cart, and the way you've decorated it!
Your chandelier looks nice. Since this Forum, I started doing mine. This year I just wrapped a berry swag around the lower part, and then over it a swag that was just tiny gold leaves. Both on sale after last season. I see I forgot to take a photo, LOL. Thanks for reminding me.
Pretty candlesticks you did. I like the big, heavy looking ones like that a lot.
But darn, I can hardly tear my eyes off the tea cart! LOL.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 10:26PM
slinkey

Candy everything looks lovely.
I too like your Tea cart and how you arranged everything
on it. I love the colors in that Plate.
I've been looking for one for a long time, with that type of theme.
You did a wonderful job on your candleholders..
I've done a dry brush technique on certain items too..
It's great in giving them more character.
Also, we may have CTS here, but you sure are lucky to have
Big Lots & Ross...They have terrific bargains too.

jane

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 10:46PM
oldalgebra

Candy,
That large round platter/server is wonderful. Great colors. And I like that it is such a great size.
Everything looks wonderful.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 11:31PM
jeannespines

candy,...everything is so very lovely! I am also drawn to your tea cart...love the scarecrow pitcher on the top level of your 2-tier server...& all the pretty greenery & pumpkins on the lower level. That round platter is beautiful! Everything looks grand...the color, scale, texture & the corner where your tea cart sits! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 11:37PM
luvstocraft

Your home is looking very festive, Candy. Really love the items arranged on that pretty tea cart. Little scarecrows just make me smile! Nice big candleholders on your table, love those. You did a nice job on your flower arrangement and those leaves look nice on your chandy. Looks like you are all ready to enjoy the season. Luvs

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 11:47PM
excessfroufrou

You did a great job! The candlesticks look so good with that throw and would be wonderful in lots of different settings. We have a Big Lots too and I love it. I like the way the tea cart is staged in different levels and the scarecrow pitcher is darling.
Frou

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 11:50AM
nana2010_gw

I thought I sent a post on your lovely dining room. I think everyone else has said everything I wanted to say. It is delightful.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 7:30PM
kathleen_li

Beautiful! Do you leave that display till Thanksgiving?

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 11:07PM
christmascandy

Okay, after seeing how it photographed, even though there were some yellow leaves in the centerpiece, I added more yellow to the centerpiece. Will have to post a picture later.

Kathleen, I will be changing this table to Halloween shortly, and after that it changes to Thanksgiving.
I just refuse to put out Halloween decor until Oct.

TTFN,
Candy

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™