What causes fine black lines across paper?

DrynDustyDecember 29, 2007

I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer and have been getting fine black lines across the paper, sometimes all the way,sometimes not. It occurs on a sporadic basis. There may be one line or hundreds. I notice it most on photo prints 8.5 x 11 or larger, although it's sometimes on plain paper.

I've tried head cleaning and changing cartridges, without relief.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Norm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glen_or_linda

Hey there,
I am not familiar with your printer but I have a Canon and part of the maintenance is doing a nozzle check. Also you might be able to do a print head alignment. I really don't know for sure, just some ideas to try. Good luck.
Linda

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 2:13PM
rleeq

It is most likely that your print head needs cleaning. Look for printers in your control panel and find the properties menu. click on utilities do each of the 3 items listed. They should be 1)Nozzle check 2)Head Cleaning 3)Print Head Alignment. Be sure to print a test page for each step as this will tell you if the process is successful or not. Also, You may have to do the head cleaning more than once. Don't despair it sometimes happens that the procedure has to be repeated twice or ever 3 times.

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 7:48AM
DrynDusty

I discussed the intermittent problem I was having with Epson printer support and was told to bring the printer to a Service Center.

Since it's over 100 miles there, I resolved the problem myself by buying a new printer. The other was over 7 years old, so it was time.

I had cleaned and replaced dozens of cartridges. Sometimes it would go for weeks without a problem. Finally it stopped working all together.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.
Norm

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 11:14PM
More Discussions
hey
hey all! How are you doing?
rosessecretgarden
What paper is best for greeting cards/postcards?
I'd like to use some of my own pictures to make greeting...
mrstlc
Web Design and Mobile Application Development Services
How to create mobile application Design?
Jennifermeria
selection of photo album software?
I have lots of family photos stored on my computer...
missy_d1
Please Help a GW friend in need?
Sorry for the oblique title, but not sure how to ask...
leahcate
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™