NJ-NY Appliance dealer

DSK1967May 18, 2012

Hi,

We are looking for higher end appliances for a remodel .... what dealer would you recommend in the tri-state area, and why?

If you have any contacts we'd be happy to use you as a reference.

Thanks

Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clarygrace

We used AJ Madison, they are located in Brooklyn. Solomon Lewis is the salesperson we used.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:03PM
brooklyngalley

Another vote for AJ Madison. Check out their website, then visit their showroom in Brooklyn for even better prices. I worked with Shana Ciment.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:58PM
Peter Steinberg

I also had a great experience with AJ Madison.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 11:12PM
zeebee

I'll be the dissenting voice, as I had a bad experience with AJ Madison when I went in. The salesperson was very uninterested and, more importantly, uneducated about appliances. I was telling HER why the Capital she was showing me wasn't the Culinarian, when she insisted it was.

I'm working with David Sugarman at Gringer's who is knowledgeable and has given me some very fair prices. I've read online reviews very critical of Gringers, but it's not been my experience.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 3:49PM
sas95

We had great luck with Village Appliance in Port Chester. They were the only place we went to in Westchester that offered any real assistance and their prices were the best we found, too.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 4:28PM
finestra

If your are in N. Jersey, I used Top Line in Westfield - Wes Girnius was the salesperson. They are easy to deal with and have great prices and will match any price in writing. The best part is that they have a store in a NJ designated enterprise zone, so tax was only 3.5% if you drive there to buy it.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 11:15PM
elyash

I recommend Barry's in Bridgewater NJ. Good prices and this family owned business services the appliances they sell. The sales people do not work on commission so they can truly help you evaluate the appliances. If you go, tell them I sent you. Anyone can help you there. They are all well trained. I can recommend Ryan and Jason.
FYI they have an electrolux induction on display - a rare thing. They allowed me to test drive it by baking cookies. They will be setting up a capital that customers can also cook on.
As an interior designer, I look for stores that service their customers. Barry's has its on fleet of service people and usually you will have service within three days. They prioritize - a customer without refrigeration would get service before someone with a broken dishwasher. Most often, I believe service is even quicker.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 8:50PM
daveliv

In Manhattan I've used Stuart at Krups Kitchen and Bath for two kitchen renovations. They have all of the high end brands. They know how deliveries work in NY apt buildings, whether subzero refrigerators will fit in the service elevators and willingness to make multiple deliveries (we don't have garages to store stuff until needed).

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:57PM
chef_dupre

my vote, hands down, Leiberts Royal Green .. absolutely far and away the best customer service in any appliance retailer i've EVER dealt with (3 residential remodels in past 12 yrs).... i posted a review here some time back, but these guys are exceptional.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 1:52PM
toddimt

I am in NJ and bought from Hampton Appliance in Garden City, NY. Best prices, free shipping, no tax

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 9:28AM
More Discussions
Latest on Bluestar 30" RCS Gas Range Over Door Temp
Hi, First, thank you to all community members who have...
htwoozik
Dual Fuel Slide in Range Recommendations
I am looking to replace my 12 year old jenn air slide...
stp92x
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™