New paint color for recovered tub area pics included

mic111June 23, 2012

We painted a mural around our old tub tile so we could use the aqua colored paint we wanted with the pink tile that was there.

Were finally redoing the tub in a slightly asian style with a bamboo front, round river rocks on the deck and a blue glass tile on the back splash.

We would like a nice calm look to the room. The aqua paint is too wonderfully lovely and calls attention to itself so I need suggestions on what would be a nice zen/asian alternative that will go with the new tub surround.

Were also going to do new blinds for the windows. Any ideas on that?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itsallaboutthefood

I would do a greenish soft grey and stencil pale pink lotus flowers or peonies on the wall. Or maybe a sitting buddha...

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 1:08PM
mic111

Thanks! That is an excellent suggestion. I held up River Reed C11-2 Olympic from Lowes and it was stunning. It also was a beautiful color with the paint in my master bedroom which is Olympic Crocodile Tears C12-3.

Unfortunately I also need to get something to go with my dolphin, turtle and fish shower. It wasn't quite as stunning with that. I fiddled around with the greys in that area and like Sherman Williams Silver Strand 7057 but I don't know if I want to paint the little shower room a different color than the master bath. And I'm not sure I want to do a straight grey in the master bath as it is very large with a huge mirror so it would become alot of grey to be surrounded by.

I've got the full Sherman Williams and Benjamin Moore color fan decks here at home so if you have a color in mind that you think would work well let me know.

Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolphin Turtle and Fish shower

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 11:41AM
mic111

I'm pleased to say the wood is in and the rocks are glued down. We only have the grout on the rocks to go. The blue glass is already grouted in but I'm not finishing the top in order to see if I want to add more rows of blue glass tile after I see how everything works together. Then I get to start playing with new wall colors.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 11:38PM
mic111

A pic that shows more of the room.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™