pre - 1950's photo's to dvd

xminionNovember 30, 2007

Hi all you talented people,

I have a box of pre 1950 photos, that I want to place on DVD with music and send to the family for Xmas.

Indulge me.

#1 Should I use Windows Movie Maker or is there a better program for this task?

#2 Should the photos be scanned in, or, re-shot using a digital camera?

#3 I will be using mostly WWII era shots, other than the choice of music, is there a way to 'tie' in wartime theme so that it doesn't look like a bunch of random shots of family members?

(Cheerful thought for Christmas, eh).

Thanks to you good people!! Any advice to a Luddite will help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DrynDusty

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I would scan the photos into Photoshop or Photoshop Elements or which ever photo editor you might have. You can edit the images, change whatever you like, like increase contrast, change colors, remove scratches or the like. Then you can move all the photos to a DVD. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 5:16PM
rleeq

I believe that Adobe Photo Album will work for what you want to do. The program is simple and straight forward. You will have to scan the photos in to your computer but you could also have someone like Kinkos scan them for you and I think they might even be able to help you sync everything to a piece of music if you asked real nice. Another idea that just struck me is if you have the negatives you might have Wallgreens put the photos on disk.

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 8:09AM
shasta_2008

My uncle had three containers full of old photos, he took pics with the digital camera and put them on disk, if you have the time to do this it will save you some $$$

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 7:58PM
dixielee52

not sure if your still interested but I made a DVD for our Legion by collecting old military photos from members and placing them with downloaded music into a DVD for showing at the club I have photos from WWI through now it's a great showing about 28 minutes long I scanned in the photos, cropped them used the Photo Story3 for windows program and a DVD buring program called Ashampoo8
**a plus was watching the older veterans with tears in their eyes watching friends they had lost.

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
fake money
Is there a web site where I can print off fake money...
arnl279
error in cardmaking-help?
I created the card in Printmaster 10. On print preview...
calirose
Calibrating printer before using Avery software
Trying to print note cards (#8315)on my printer, downloaded...
schoolhouse_gw
Saving project in Print Shop 23.1
I make my own recipe cards using the "post card"...
susanamc
Legitimate Work From Home Data Entry Sites
I have heard there are a few out there, despite all...
fitzschke1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™