Pairing the Montclair Danby with white quartz ???

lilloJune 14, 2013

It doesn't seem that my bathroom job has an end . When I find the right stone , I get the wrong fabricator . When I find the right fabricator I can't find the right stone . What a luck !!!
So it's either I go back to the first fabricator and swallow my pride and pay the extra charge with a smile , just to finish the job with the calacata .
Or I have a good fabricator but with one slab of the Montclair Danby that is not enough to finish the job . I can use the Danby for everything except the tub deck . Do you think I can pair it with a white quartz for the tub deck , while having the polished calacata marble on the floor , and the white ceramic on the wall .
I don't want to have a mismatched bathroom after all this effort and money .
Any advice or suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shanghaimom

Do you have a photo of both slabs? There are so many different Danbys (nine, I think!) and I'm not sure what white quartz looks like, unless you mean like a Zodiaq or Cambria quartz.

I have seen white quartz (Zodiaq, etc) look beautiful when combined with marbles. Often people use it for the horizontal counter surfaces when they don't want the marble etching hassles.

I guess it sort of depends on your layout--what will be next to what, etc. Off the top of my head, with out seeing your layout, I would say no, don't have those two surfaces be mis-matched. You have gone to too much trouble with this bathroom to settle for something iffy!

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 1:53PM
lillo

You are right Shanghaimom , I am crossing my fingers so that I can get my white calacata back from the first store , and do the whole job from it . I will keep you posted . Thank you for your advice .

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 5:00PM
lillo

FINALLY , I will get my first choice of calacata for the whole job . I have an estimated delivery date for June 25th . I hope that nothing else will happen meanwhile . I don't know when my cabinets will be ready ? I am assuming before the 25th . I can't wait until the whole job is all done . I don't want to see any workers in my house for a very long time . Shanghaimom can you post pictures or the link of your Carrara bathroom ?

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 11:12PM
shanghaimom

Lillo,

This one has Carrera basketweave floor, Calacatta gold vanity top and white subway walls and shower.

It is all actually very white--terrible photos.

It is also our laundry room.

Here is a link that might be useful: bath/laundry with Carrera and Calacatta

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 11:21PM
lillo

Thank you Shanghaimom for the pictures . I love your vanity top . It's beautiful and shiny . Did you seal it ? With what ?
As my DH wants the polished look , I'll go with it now . If it turns to be a pain , I can hone it later on.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 12:09AM
shanghaimom

Lillo, Thank you.

The vanity top is NOT shiny and NOT beautiful these days. It was full of etches from water cups, soap from hand washing, and toothbrushes after only a few weeks....

It was sealed with some marble sealer from the Tile Shop--I forget what--the little jug is black and gold and was about $85. I think it helps with staining but etching is another story.

Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 10:17AM
More Discussions
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™