Ivory grout turned white!

mic111June 30, 2012

I very carefully selected an ivory grout that matched my tub. The installer used Grout Shield, a product that is a mix-in sealer by Miracle Sealants Company sold at Home Depot.

The grout dried white. We've tried the grout efflorescence remover and it is still white. Has anyone found a stone enhancer with a yellowing effect? It think this is our best hope.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tim45z10

Thy have a stain you can paint your grout to most any color you want.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 4:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mic111

Thanks. I've used that before on some floor tile and it is like a rubbery paint that is very hard to get off tile. Unfortunately in this application I have the round river rock so to use the grout recolorant I would have to try to paint around all the rocks. Also it can come out a bit streaky because of it's rubbery consistency. I did buy a test bottle and tried it on my test grout board. It was a chore to get it off the rocks and impossible to only get between the rocks.

I have a granite counter that was installed many years ago. They used a stone enhancer that turned the white parts yellow which is what we wanted. Unfortunately the place is out of business but I was hoping someone here had some experience with a similar product.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™