help with privacy doorknob color/finish

luvpatch2May 3, 2013

Hi! I need suggestions for choosing a finish or color for a privacy door knob for my master bath remodel. My bathroom fixtures faucet, towel rack and lighting is all in a brushed bronze finish by Brizo. My knobs on the cream color cabinets are also in a brushed bronze by Kraftmaid. I have been unable to find a door knob with a brushed bronze finish.The door to the toilet /shower area is white. What finish should I do for the a privacy door knob? It seems like a oil rubbed bronze would be too dark against the white. Any suggestions ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Where have you looked for Brushed Bronze lockset? What brands and stile are you looking for?

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 8:14AM
raehelen

What is a brushed bronze finish? When I googled it, I just got oil rubbed bronze. Just an FYI, I am doing oil rubbed bronze against white, so I don't think it's too dark! LOL

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 10:50AM
millworkman

Here is one manufacturer version.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:17AM
luvpatch2

Hi! I have searched online and in stores but haven't been able to find anything. I'm probably going to have to go with the dark oil rubbed finish. The website for Brizio is www.Brizio .com/bath/collections. The color is brilliance brushed bronze which is the color of my faucets and towel racks and lighting .

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 2:12PM
millworkman

Try a locksmith or a door hardware store, they definitely exist. What style, what brand are you looking for?

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:10PM
luvpatch2

I was finally able to upload a photo I took of my bronze fixtures. They are by Brizio and called Brilliance Brush Bronze.The picture shows them a little bit darker than they actually are. You can see a better picture on the Brizio website or on faucetdirect.com and type it in. I hadn't thought about checking a door hardware store as millworkman suggested and will see if there is one in Houston. I'm not a lover of the dark oil rubbed bronze finish would love to find something else. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 1:12PM
millworkman

ORB is a living finish that will patina while brushed bronze is a PVDF finish that will stay exactly that color. I would pretty dam certain Houston will definitely have a good store for locks.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™