patches_02October 29, 2003

I think it's sad how slow this

forum moves. Just not much going

on any more.Where have all our

crafters gone?

Patches

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reduc500

Patches- I think a lot of the forums are slow right now. I usually hang out at the comp help forum and it has been real slow lately. Maybe when winter sets in people will be back!! haha
Judy

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 8:24AM
creativemom

No...it really died when it went pay-to-play

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 9:33AM
taunia1

I'm still here, ladies. The problem for me is that my printer isn't working so I've slowed way down & also I've been very ill & just got out of the hospital. What kind of stuff do you do? Do you do crafting? Let's get this party started.

Bookmark   October 30, 2003 at 1:17PM
reduc500

I'm not crafty but I like to come here and check out what everyone else is doing. I do mostly graphic stuff on here.
Judy

Bookmark   October 30, 2003 at 4:35PM
patches_02

Taunia, sorry to here you have been
ill,glad to hear your back. I'm usually
game for trying most any of these crafts.
just miss seeing the posts lately.
Maybe we can get going again.
Patches

Bookmark   October 30, 2003 at 5:55PM
wanda_illinois

Taunia, sorry to hear that you have been ill. I missed seeing your posts. You always shared alot of good sites, I missed that. Glad your back.

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 1:24AM
Red_Confetti

In order to see computer crafting ideas here, someone has to actually post them, not just lurk and look for ideas - LOL!! So if you have a project you are working on, post it and share with the rest of the forum.

You just can't sit back and wait for someone else to share all her/his ideas and not contribute yourself. If everyone lurks, yes, this forum will be dead. No doubt about it!

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 8:27AM
maybee_gw

I remember when I got my computer in 2001 and found this place. Yes, it has changed...maybe because of the pay and maybe people have just lost interest. I can't figure it out either....but when I go to any of the different forums now, it seems that the same posts are right there and not moving. On the KT someone complained about some things that were said, and it has gotten very boring since that time, but that wouldn't be the problem on the crafting forums. Before...at this time of year....there were all kinds of ideas and posts here...

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 4:21PM
arnl279

I also have had some computer problems. I have been using other forums rather than the craft forum. Have been remodling our house this year and changed campers. Have gotten lots of good advice. I compiled a cookbook from my moms recipes. I typed the recipe on MS works then copied and pasted it into a 1/2 fold greeting card in my print shop program. For the divisions I used photos of my siblings and I during our growing up years. Scanned them and used them. For another version I used pictures of our farm and our pets. IMHO what I have to pay is very minimal for the benefit I get out of it. I must confess however that my payment was due in June and it was the middle of August before I needed to post and payed my way.

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 9:36PM
Nebgranny98

I remember when the computer craft forum was just buzzing with energy and ideas. I for one feel when we went to pay many people left. I myself may not pay another year. Things are so slow and not as much fun as before.

It is really sad , as I got so many wonderful ideas and made a couple of very good friends through this forum. But it is just not the same!! Try as I may to enjoy it , it is just not the like it once was. I would like to see it move and shake like before.

To those of you posting, please do not take the above wrong, you are sending some good stuff. It is just that the board has changed and that makes those of us from the busier times know it and miss it so!! Love NebGranny98

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 9:47PM
maryanntx

Hi!! I'm still here. After-all, the crafting forums are what brought me to THS to begin with. Then I started going to the Computer Help and the KT and a few others. Over the years I have found so many neat ideas here.
It's true that when we went to pay that we lost many posters. Also every time a new 'specialty' forum was formed it divided us. We used to have only the Crafts & Decorating and the Holiday forum, then others were formed such as the Computer Crafts, Toll Painting, Scrapbooks, Paper Crafts, etc. So instead of all those crafters posting to the same forum, they are split up. So I think it's a mixture of both things that have slowed us down.

I have many neat craft ideas that I learned here and I don't mention them because I think everyone here knows about them. But there may be new posters who haven't seen or heard these ideas and it might be a good idea to post them. Of course then I think....well, this project is really a Christmas craft, so maybe I should post it at the Holiday forum instead of here. LOL

Why don't all of us who come here regularly try to post craft project or idea every day or two. Maybe that will help get interest going again!

Bookmark   November 4, 2003 at 9:21AM
More Discussions
candy wrappers
I am looking for a site that carried boxes, ttc. they...
fortescuegal
Gold computer paper
Does anyone know where I can find a gold and/or silver...
june_nd
Photo Postcard Ideas
Do you have any suggestions on how to get a postcard...
trudymom
fake money
Is there a web site where I can print off fake money...
arnl279
Get Well Soup Can
A while back someone was searching for a Get Well Soup...
Dixiespell
Sponsored Products
Black 'When I'm Sad' Frame
$8.99 | zulily
Beer Foamer by Norm Architects - Menu A/S
$29.95 | HORNE
Vinter's Choice Champagne Flutes
Classic Hostess
Kenroy Home Floren Copper Bronze Accordion Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
David Bromstad "Sadness"Artwork
Grandin Road