making a blank cookbook

craftylady40July 22, 2006

I am thinking of making a blank cookbook for Christmas presents. They are cookbooks where you can write your favorite recipes in and have your very own cookbook. I was looking for ideas and templates. Does anyone know of any sites? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Hi CraftyLady - If you Google for the two words cookbook and template, you'll get quite a few hits... most of which are for software to buy.

However, Microsoft has a whole area all about creating your own cookbook. It is one where you actually enter your own (or your family's) recipes, but you could just omit the recipes if that is what you are wanting to do. See link below for the site.

Let us know if this isn't what you had in mind!

Here is a link that might be useful: Microsoft's Create a Cookbook...

Bookmark   July 25, 2006 at 1:39PM
blizlady

Other than sites that show you how to print your own cookbook, I can't find sites that have templates for blank cookbook pages.

One project I always wanted to do was make a small cookbook of my mom's and grandma's recipes. Do you have time to send a quick letter to your close relatives to ask them to provide a favorite family recipe? If most of them have computers, they can just e-mail a word document to you so printing would be a breeze. Then whatever system you plan to use to set up the pages could be printed out and taken to Kinkos or Office Max to have spiral bound.

Bookmark   September 23, 2006 at 3:54PM
denisez

I really like Matilda's Fantastic Cookbook Software. It's got a ton of templates that do all the designing for you. It's really easy to enter in the recipes, too. I don't know much about computers, so I wass pleased at how simple everything was. It's at http://www.cookbookpeople.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: cookbookpeople.com

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
computer program for designing patterns
Do any of you know about computer programs for designing...
Liddybuff
Gold computer paper
Does anyone know where I can find a gold and/or silver...
june_nd
Greeting Card ideas
I have just started making (or trying to make) greeting...
Cuddlebones
Saving project in Print Shop 23.1
I make my own recipe cards using the "post card"...
susanamc
graduation pool party wording help
I'm having a graduation pool party for my daughter,...
txswetie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™