Yellow roses

bonnieann925September 26, 2010

My wonderful hubby brought home some gorgeous yellow roses yesterday (he's very thoughtful and loves to buy flowers!)We're having DH's wonderful turkey burgers w/ whole wheat buns, fresh corn on the cob,DH's home-made guacamole and home-made apple crisp (my contribution!) w/ ice cream.

Our middle daughter will be joining us, so it will be a late dinner:

Apple crisp, stil hot out of the oven:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

What time should I be there? Sounds so yummy and now I'm starving!
Plus YELLOW roses are my favorite rose. (go figure when I normally don't like anything yellow! Tho I'm being converted slowly by the gang here to appreciate it, along with pink.)

Give that good hubby an extra hug.
Karen

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 7:48PM
jeannespines

Mmmmm....lucky you, bonnie! Flowers are gorgeous & the meal sounds wonderful! enjoy! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 10:58PM
slinkey

Beautiful flowers Bonnie..
What a thoughful DH...and he cooks too!
Your meal sounds wonderful...enjoy!

jane

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 11:24PM
luvstocraft

Could he give my DH some lessons on both the cooking and bringing home pretty bouquets of roses????? They are beautiful, and your apple crisp sounds yummy. I splurged tonight and made a pan of brownies--try not to do that too often since neither DH or I need the calories! ;o(

Luvs

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 11:39PM
phonegirl

Bonnie, beautiful yellow roses. Did DH bring you yellow and red before today? I love apple crisp and yours looks great. I order some mac apples and they will be in this week. Hoping to do some healthier eating in between my junk food and meals.LOL

Punk

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 12:53AM
bonnieann925

Thank you for you kind comments!

DH brought me yellow roses and then combined a few of them w/ the red from our garden to make a bouquet for the kitchen counter. Re:apples... We live near apple country so these are native apples and are SOOOO good!

Cooking lessons.....sure! Necessity is the mother of invention. Since I now work full-time IF my hubby wants to eat he knows he has to do most of the cooking. He's out in the kitchen cooking now while I catch up here.

He was "trained" early on by living on his own in a bachelor pad before we were married. We're also members of a gourmet food club, where several "real" men cook, so it's not at all taboo in our group of friends. For that, I'm thankful!

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 6:00PM
jaybird

Ahhhh Texas roses :^)
Be thankful for a DH who cooks...mine talks a lot about how he USED to cook........ahem.........
Would you share your apple crisp recipe? I have some local apples that I would like to bake with, and we are tired of apple pie....
Thank you so much,
J

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 12:51PM
lynninnewmexico

Very nice, Bannie . . .not only the roses but a sweet DH who brings you them AND cooks!!!
BTW, I've always loved those yellow and blue dishes of yours.
Lynn

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
NOT HAPPY with this TAKE-OVER
Hate, hate, hate this has happened to our Forum. I...
Purplemoon
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™