For Mongoct

sjhockeyfan325May 3, 2014

Where's my condolence card?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

You know what. Seriously, I was going to post a condolence on the other thread, but didn't.

I had the same thing happen back in 2010. Up 3-0 in games, lost the next three and it was tied 3-3. Then the B's got off to a 3-0 lead in game seven...and then lost 4-3!

Trust me, I can commiserate. Been there, and don't want to be there again.

Had a close call today. We lost the first game at home in overtime. Game two was today. Had a 1-0 lead, then after several neutral zone turnovers and two back-to-back penalties, we went down 3-1. With 10 minutes left in the game the B's turned it on. Scored four times in an 8 minute span. Won 5-3 to tie the series at one game apiece. Oy. Now off to Montreal.

Hang in there kiddo. I feel for you.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 11:53PM
Linelle

sj, I'm sorry about the Sharks.

In other news, the Giants are in 1st place.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 12:19AM
sjhockeyfan325

Thanks for commiserating! (I am a huge Giants fan too - and live a block and a half demo the ballpark!)

Mongo, I should have realized you'd suffered through the same indignity! Good luck this year (and watch out for the Kings)

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 11:58AM
mongoct

You two root for the Giants?

Ugh!

They beat the Patriots in two Super Bowls. Pox on you! Pox on both of you!

lol

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 12:17PM
mongoct

"Mongo, I should have realized you'd suffered through the same indignity! "

Losing a 3-0 lead has happened only a handful of times in hockey, unfortunately our teams now make up a couple of the fingers in that hand.

On the good side? I have the Red Sox coming back from an 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees in the 2004 playoffs. The only time it's ever happened in baseball. For a long-suffering Red Sox fan?

The.

Best.

Ever.

Sweeping the Cardinals in the 2004 World Series was sort of anti-climatic after the comeback against the Yankees.

It's tough with hockey. We have our teams, and they are both pretty darn good teams. When you have a roster that is capable of winning the Stanley Cup and the team comes up short? You feel time ticking away. Makes for a long off-season.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 12:36PM
sjhockeyfan325

Wrong Giants! We're both talking about the baseball Giants (or maybe you knew that?)

Yup, he clock is ticking....

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 2:27PM
crl_

Baseball Giants fans here too. :). My ten year is convinced that they are alternating years and will win the World Series again this year.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 4:34PM
Linelle

mongoct, Dude, SAN FRANCISCO Giants. Not the ones who play football on the opposite side of the continent.

crl_!!! Every other year. This year should be ours. Are you in the Bay Area?

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 4:52PM
crl_

Yes, we are in the Bay Area. And yes, why not, this can be our year again! They are looking awfully good.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 7:33PM
mongoct

"Wrong Giants! We're both talking about the baseball Giants (or maybe you knew that?)"

Yeah,I knew. That's why I added the "lol" at the end. Nice ball park by the way. I went out there for the Red Sox series last August. Caught a game a few weeks ago when I happened to be out there too.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 8:57PM
sjhockeyfan325

Mongo, not in a million years did I expect this one. Sorry for your loss :-(

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 12:52PM
enduring

Don't watch hockey, but DS2, living in Saratoga Springs was heading out with friends to watch the game last night at a local tavern. I know the Bruins where playing. Sorry too. But happy for all our Canadian friends here on the forum! I hope the game was fun to watch anyway.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?
Hi, We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased...
homeinprogressFL
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™