My new tea kettle finds a spot

excessfroufrouSeptember 30, 2010

I'm slowly progressing with my fall decorating. This oak china cabinet in in one end of my sunroom. I thought pairing my new DS mugs with the the cookie jar tea kettle was good fit. I added my few acorn accessories in too. Don't know why I added the squirrel, he was just too darn cute, guess he's after the acorns.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

That is a wonderful vignette, Frou! And of course you HAD to include the squirrel. He even matches the leaves in the teapot! I especially like how you did the wall arrangement.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 6:40PM
luckygal

That's a great vignette and now I definitely will be repurposing my black cast iron tea kettle which currently holds kitchen utensils. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 7:10PM
jeannespines

I also love that cookie jar tea kettle arrangement & the little squirrel is perfect beside it! The colors in your checkered linen shouts "Fall" & I am loving the rusty cloth leaf...is that a recent find? I would love to find some (instead of making them...my list grows too long!) DS's gift works wonderfully on the china cabinet. Wonderful, frou...TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 7:19PM
luvstocraft

You know I love this picture with all those neat acorn items! ;o) I think your little squirrel is perfect there, and I really like your fall colored scarf--such a pretty combination of colors. Luvs

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 9:54PM
kathleen_li

That looks so pretty! "Luv" those hanging acorns, I have them too! :)

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:10PM
christmascandy

Frou,
Fabulous fall vignette! Mr. Squirrel is perfect there!
I really like how your tea kettle turned out.

Jeanne, they have those leaf placemats at Big Lots and Walmart.

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:46PM
phonegirl

Frou, wonderful choices on this and it turned out beautiful. I love those metal hanging acorns. Your squirrel is cute and your arrangement looks great in the cookie jar tea kettle.

Punk

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 11:59PM
nana2010_gw

Frou, Your vignette is wonderful! I like those acorns too. The little squirrel next to the tea pot is charming. I love it all!
NanaKaren

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 8:48AM
excessfroufrou

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jeanne, Candy is right on the money. The leaf placemat came from Wally World, and your right, who has time to make them from scratch. I use to sew all the time, but fabric has gotten so expensive, it's more affordable to buy it ready made. The placemat is some sort of faux suedey fabric and would have been $10.00 a yard at least.
Frou

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 10:16AM
Marlene Kindred

Just beautiful Frou! Love the bell acorns....too pretty! And all of your mugs, etc. go so well together....and the squirrel just finishes off the whole vignette! Great job!

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
from Purplemoon
I still haven't gotten Houzz to accept my old name,...
Purplemoon
NOT HAPPY with this TAKE-OVER
Hate, hate, hate this has happened to our Forum. I...
Purplemoon
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™