Labor Day in MA-Bye Summer Hello Fall! pic

bonnieann925September 4, 2011

It's been ages since I've been here. Lots has happened in my life--Dad's on Hospice and I've been busy with him, plus work has been all-consuming....fun but busy!

Anyway, it's Labor Day in Beantown. Yesterday we went to Jerry Remy's Seaport Restaurant with our daughter and her boyfriend. Today I'm cooking (which doesn't happen much these days....)

Dinner will be boiled lobster and steamed green beans (me) and sole with steamed green beans for DH (he's a chicken!)

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend, one that's free from labor!

Here's our table, with dried hydrangeas from the garden-very simple:

Here's the lobsta!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Good to hear from you bonnieann! Sounds like a great meal & your table looks comfy & inviting! Enjoy! Good thoughts for your Dad & Hospice...wonderful people! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 6:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

Nice to hear from you, Bonnie. I am sorry to hear your Dad's in now in Hospice, tho I know he will get good care there and perhaps ease some stress from you. Its so hard
to see this happen, I know.

I'm with your DH on the lobster. Poor thing, I can't even look at his picture. He should be in the ocean enjoying life. (how's that for trying to send you on a guilt trip.
LOL)

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Mardi Gras Breakfast
Getting ready for tomorrow. For more information and...
oldalgebra
from Purplemoon
I still haven't gotten Houzz to accept my old name,...
Purplemoon
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™