JandJ Bathroom sink is open to the bedroom.

asinhaMay 14, 2012

These are pictures from a model home for the house that we want to build.

This is a secondary Jack and Jill Bathroom, where the sink is open to one of the bedrooms. Kinda weird for me. So I want to change this.

The other bedroom is not attached to the bathroom but is across a hallway.

What do I do?

1. Wall up the access to the bathroom from this bedroom and cap off the water outlet. That way there is no sink here. So the only way to access the shared bathroom will be to actually exit the bedroom ...which is no big deal imo.

2. Have a decorative vanity that looks like furniture and a nice framed mirror so that this looks less like someone forgot to put a door there?

3. Any other suggestions?

I don't really want to put a wall and door here.

Thank you so much for your input.

Anu

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

How will you use the room? Typically, I would see this suggestion of a floor plan when a family has one child who will live in this room (usually a daughter); and the bathroom will also be the main guest bathroom. This would make it easier to keep the "guest bathroom" less cluttered with the daily girly vanity stuff.

If that isn't how you live, then, closet? Vanity space? desk space? How do you live?

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 1:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asinha

This room would actually be used as a study/craft room for me. We plan on living here for a number of years and do not see this room being used for any other purpose. (tween-age kids!)

The downstairs has a complete guest suite - attached full bath in addition to a powder room for guests.

The actual bathroom ( in the picture) will be used solely by my son.

Hmmm desk space might work...

I was wondering if anyone here has encountered a bathroom that opened to the bedroom. I saw maybe one picture when I did a google search. Perhaps I need to reword my search.

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 7:51PM
More Discussions
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Question for Bill or other expert about Redguard waterproofing
Bill, Hope you recall I posted the whirlpool / shower...
lenitsa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™