Would you buy this tub?

aggieroseMay 14, 2014

I've been looking for a free standing tub for a while now and I'm having a really hard time finding one in my budget. Today, I found this:

http://www.kardiel.com/free-shipping/helixbath-ephesus-freestanding-acrylic-bathtub-69-white-with-rectangle-overflow-free-faucet/

It seems to good to be true. $1345 for the tub, no tax, no shipping, plus a free tub filler! I've never heard of the company and I can't find any reviews of the tub. I'm worried that we will end up with a bad product by trying to save a few dollars. Has anyone dealt with this company before? I also really love this one:

http://www.everybathtub.com/bathtubs/sherry-67-soaking-bathtub-matte-white__jz2001-67-matte.aspx

It's definitely over our budget but my husband told me to just buy it. I just think that much money for a tub is getting pretty ridiculous. I need your help!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elizabetheva

Are you installing it yourself or hiring a plumber/contractor? I ask because a friend recently had to wait quite a while on a plumbing repair for special order parts, so if that's the kind of thing you're wondering about, you might be able to ask your plumber/contractor what they think.

I can't bring myself to do a freestanding tub because I'm the worst about cleaning bathtubs and I'm afraid it would be harder to clean, but my husband is really tall and wants a big tub like that. They're so beautiful, I may have to stop being so stubborn. Either one will look great in your bathroom, that's for sure!

I realize this sounds really weird, but I'm not an experienced bathtub purchaser, so my question is how to find out whether or not it's comfortable? To some degree it's probably different for different people, but are there companies with better reputations in that regard?

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 4:15PM
live_wire_oak

Stick with a name brand. Imports aren't noted for great quality control.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 4:18PM
raehelen

Have you tried contacting their customer service and talking to them directly? I would, and ask them anything that you are concerned about.

They also sell on eBay, and have a 100% positive rating, so I would say definitely worth considering.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay feedback

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Partial glass enclosure for tub – thoughts?
Hi All, We are currently renovating our bathroom and...
prissum
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
encaustic tile install?
I've fallen in love with these tiles but am completely...
daisychain01
Question for Bill or other expert about Redguard waterproofing
Bill, Hope you recall I posted the whirlpool / shower...
lenitsa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™