Calibrating printer before using Avery software

schoolhouse_gwFebruary 5, 2011

Trying to print note cards (#8315)on my printer, downloaded the free Avery Design Pro. I need to calibrate my printer - it says, in order for the images to be centered on the template (or 8315 note card sheets). I don't understand the directions at all! I've folded the calibration paper correctly, but can not understand which numbers they want off the graphs.

Anybody familiar with this? What's the secret?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Did you contact Avery? I had a problem with one of my templates and they helped me out. They seem to have a good support system.

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 6:26PM
deb_pa

After you fold your paper, let's say vertically. See where the crease in the paper falls on the numbered graph. My vertical crease falls on one notch below the center square figure so on the vertical box in the calibrate printer window I typed -1 Below box are minus numbers, above are the + numbers. Where ever your paper crease fell that's the number you put in. Luckily my horizontal was creased right at the center, so I put nothing in that box. I use all Avery products and print postcards and labels without any problems. I do a check first before printing good copy by using plain paper and Draft printing choice first. Hold the test printed page over the card stock and see if each card or label lines up before using the good stock and Best printing ink option.

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 12:30AM
toysmall

I also want to know.

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 3:36AM
More Discussions
Get Well Soup Can
A while back someone was searching for a Get Well Soup...
Dixiespell
hey
hey all! How are you doing?
rosessecretgarden
Printable mouse pads
I would like to know if anyone can give me advice on...
kessy56
invitation cards!
hi all! Where do you think i can design good invitation...
rosessecretgarden
Need help on stenograph information
I suppose this is the wrong place to form my question,...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™