scanner won't scan in jpeg!

june_ndFebruary 4, 2004

I have a new hp scanjet 3970. When I scan it always scans in tif. Some of my programs don't like tifs!!! I have gone into the hpdirector and then settings and have set it for jpeg but then I go back to scanning in the photo & imaging where I crop, etc. and scan and it always comes in as a tif. What am I doing wrong?? June

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seamstress

In your scanner software, after you're done with any tweaking....

In one of the menu drop-downs, do you have "Save" or "Save As..."? This is probably how to change the format it is saved in. Tif is probably the default unless you specifically tell it to save as something different.

In the owner's manual, is there any sections along the lines of "saving scanned images"? There is probably info at the HP website as well.

Bookmark   February 6, 2004 at 8:06PM
june_nd

The owners manual has nothing. When I scan the only thing that shows in "file' is open and exit, no "save' or "save as" as there is in most file menus. the only place I can set the settings is in the hp director and and when I set that , it just doesn't work!! I've tried everything that has been suggested but nothing seems to work...

Bookmark   February 7, 2004 at 1:56PM
june_nd

I had some very good help in computor help so if you need any help go there. Great people on this site.

Bookmark   February 11, 2004 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Funhouse Photo Software
I just got a free copy of ArcSoft's Funhouse software...
SueZQue
Recommendation for paper for Candy Wrappers??
OK I did it finally, made the wrappers I wanted too,...
hailie419
Printable mouse pads
I would like to know if anyone can give me advice on...
kessy56
Need help on stenograph information
I suppose this is the wrong place to form my question,...
barb_roselover_in
selection of photo album software?
I have lots of family photos stored on my computer...
missy_d1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™