Invent It products

maryanntxJanuary 20, 2003

I just received this e-mail snd thought some of you might want to check it out. I have used several of their products, such as the mousepad kits and decals. I've also received free samples from their website.

January 20, 2003

Dear Club Invent It! Member:

We regret to inform you that the Invent It! brand and the Club Invent It! program have been discontinued. In addition, the website www.clubinventit.com will no longer be available after January 31, 2003. Please visit the site within the next two weeks to print any project ideas you may wish to keep.

You may continue to order Invent It! products (while supplies last) at special clearance prices by visiting http://clearance.ippaper.com.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Club Invent It!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

wow, thanks MaryAnn!!..there are some great prices! I think I'll get a case of inkjet shrink.

Karen

Bookmark   January 23, 2003 at 11:07AM
mamiejammie

So does the shrink work good? I bought my first pack at Walmart the other day not knowing they are going out of business. Haven't had the chance to try it yet so didn't know if I wanted to stock up or not. Any suggestions as to using it would be appreciated.
Reba

Bookmark   January 24, 2003 at 10:56AM
ArtsyCraftsy

Reba- I have never had a problem with this brand or the Cre8it brand. Only once when I put the shrink in my printer with the wrong (untreated) side up.
The only thing you have to remember is that when images shrink to half their size they get about twice as dark. So your images have to be made lighter before you print them and they should not have lots of dark colors to start with- bright and pastel colors work better.
Imagine looking at an image with a piece of tracing paper laid over it. That is sort of how you want to lighten you image for shrinking. You need to use some kind of image editing program to do this. I use Photoshop, lots of people use Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photo Deluxe. There are other programs to use, but I don't have experience with them.
Other thing is to let the shrink sit overnight or for a day to let the ink get good & dry. That way you have less chance of smearing it when you cut your shapes out. Once it shrinks the images will not easily scratch or smear, but you can finish them off with a light spray of clear sealer if you wish.

Karen

Bookmark   January 24, 2003 at 8:14PM
Jennifer123

MaryAnn-just wanted to say thanks. I went onto the website, just to "check it out" and ended up spending $37.00! LOL!!

~Jennifer

Bookmark   January 29, 2003 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Need help on stenograph information
I suppose this is the wrong place to form my question,...
barb_roselover_in
Napkin, printer question?
Can names be printed on paper napkins, using a Lexmark...
older
What paper is best for greeting cards/postcards?
I'd like to use some of my own pictures to make greeting...
mrstlc
fake money
Is there a web site where I can print off fake money...
arnl279
Web Design and Mobile Application Development Services
How to create mobile application Design?
Jennifermeria
Sponsored Products
Lifestyle Avalon Sage Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$379.00 | Bellacor
Creative Home Curvy Marble Cotton Ball Holder - 74177
$17.29 | Hayneedle
Goa Bay Leaf Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$712.20 | Bellacor
Abbyson Living Brentwood Brown Leather Chair and Sofa Set - CI-1307-BRN-3/1
Hayneedle
Stamina InMotion Rower - 35-0123
$89.98 | Hayneedle