Controller Installation

ev2012May 14, 2013

We are installing the controller for Bain Ultra air bath. The options are on the wall or on the lip of the tub. How did you install yours and why you made your choice? I am trying to ensure there are no faults in my reasoning. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coolbeansw

We installed ours on the deck on the long side of the tub, basically where the bather's right hand could reach it easily. Our thinking was that we'd want to control it while in the bath, as there are lots of options (it's not just turning it on and off). Plus our wall is tiled and I didn't want to stick a control in the middle of it.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 12:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ev2012

Ours is a drop in and we built a box which is now surrounded in marble as well as the wall. If I follow the instructions correctly, we must now cut out a template size in the deck and through the box (marble, etc.) in order to screw the controller on. Ouch! Plus I am sure the box with marble and all is just too thick! If I place this on the wall, it would have to be high as half of the height is finished with marble. Why doesn't this come factory installed?

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 12:56AM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Suggestions - Eliminating Jack and Jill Bath in New Construction
Looking for suggestions on eliminating a Jack and Jill...
burbmomoftwo
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™