Master Bath Edits - Feedback Anyone?
So I went REALLY crazy this weekend and made changes to the master that moved walls! The architect said the upstairs area is independent of the downstairs so I decided to reverse the dimensions.
It seemed like a lot of space was wasted in the master width (at the foot of the bed)... maybe I'm wrong cause I'm spatially challenged. I also didn't like the closet and bathroom although I couldn't put my finger on why. Here is the original:
So, MyDreamHome (who rocks!) posted some GREAT edits for me to the area and we got a lot of advice but after talking with DH, we felt like maybe we were trying too hard to "work within the lines" and maybe we should scribble outside them as long as we didn't add $$$ to the rooms. So, I made the following changes and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE any input. I've been staring at the plans every day for so long that I may be losing touch with reality! ;) Here are the edits:
- We cut width and added to the height of the bedroom. This allowed us to create a "hallway" that dead ends at the bathroom entrance where we will have a nice little table and art piece.
- Building the hallway with trim bumpouts allows us to put a large armoire or built in for DH on the wall adjacent to the closet and still keep a nice view upon entering.
- because the new room length allowed us to change the bathroom entrance, it took away the "vestibule" giving us more closet and bathroom space
- adding the the length gave us more space to fit a shower on that back wall and have room for a dry-off area. :)
- DH really wanted the closet entrance in the bathroom so we were able to do that and still keep all the space in the closet with a pocket door.
Have I made this better or worse? I think its better but I may be missing a glaring issue.
Thank you everyone for your help thus far... if it wasn't for you all, I'd probably have gone with the original plans, broken ground and things would NOT be anywhere close to as perfect as they could be.