Underarm stains on clothes

samkarenDecember 3, 2011

What is a good way to get those ugly stains out of clothes? They seem to get hard over time but i hate to throw out clothes that are still good....except for the stains.

SamKaren

your resident Dj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

You can try Carbona Stain Removers. They are sold at most grocery stores as well as Wal-Mart, KMart & Target. They come in a little yellow bottle about 4-5 inches tall. They make a different formula for each kind of stain: i.e. grass stains have a different formula than ketchup stains. And you guessed it, there's one for underarm stains! It works, but I do find that after a few wears & washes, the stain comes back & you have to repeat the treatment.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 9:04AM
jannie

Pour white vinegar on them.Then wash normally. Works for me. Cheaper than a "specialty" product and easily found in all agrocery stores.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 10:24AM
sheilajoyce_gw

My DD makes a "paste" of powdered Oxyclean and a little water to remove those horrible stains from her DHs undershirts. She lays the shirts out on her kitchen counter and spoons a thick coating of the paste on the shirt underarms and leaves them to soak for 4 to 6 hours. Then she washes them and the stains come out. I don't know how the bleaching agent would affect colored clothes.

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 2:26AM
jannie

I don't know if those yellowy stains are from salts in our sweat or from chemicals in deodorants/antiperspirants. My Grandmother had a laundry secret for whitening. She laid her whites to dry on the grass on a sunny, not windy, day. The combination of sunlight (ultraviolet light) and grass (chlorophyll) seemed to get everything white. Just watch out for bugs.

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 8:04AM
sheilajoyce_gw

And bird poop, especially if there are blackberries growing close by.

Bookmark   December 10, 2011 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™