air jets feel?

Felicia123May 18, 2012

I'm really considering a tub with air jets, but I'm concerned that it's going to feel like I'm sitting in soda water...tickling bubbles. I think that would be annoying. I can't find a showroom that has tubs that I can put my arm in and get a feel for it.

For those who have one, can you tell me if it's all tickly or do you feel some motion from the air jets?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Soda water tickling bubbles are found in the Kohler Effervescence feature & Jason Microsilk. Other than that, my experience with air tubs has been lots of powerful bubbles all at once all around the tub that give you an allover therapeutic (I would say similar to a deep tissue) massage.

If you go to the Bain Ultra site, they have a link with hotels/bed & breakfasts that have their tubs in them where you can rent a room and try them out if you like. Think of it as a mini-vacation with the opportunity to give a potential future tub a test drive.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 9:21AM
beaglesdoitbetter1

We have an MTI infinity tub (Caribe I think it is called) w/ air jets. They are definitely not tiny bubbles. When on full-blast, they are just as jetty as jacuzzi tubs I have been in. They can also be turned down for a gentler experience. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my air tub. It is one of my favorite things about my new house!

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 11:26AM
hags00

I had a Jason Air Masseur tub with air holes all around the bottom edge in my last house. I loved it, I so much prefer it to a jetted tub with just a few powerful jets. Not tickly at all.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 12:56PM
akcorcoran

i know it's been a while since this was posted, but I've heard that the air jets can feel a little chilly in that the air may be heated (in some options) but as it goes up and escapes, so does the warmth - vs a whirlpool that is adding warm water to your tub while you're in it? Can either of the Air jet lovers speak to that experience, yea or nea? Thanks!

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 12:28AM
miruca

bump

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 5:15AM
chibimimi

We live in a chilly climate and our air jet tub does not noticeably cool the water.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 7:46PM
More Discussions
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
banjo sink? opinions?
just learned that a BANJO sink is one (or its surrounding...
mainewire
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™