Advice on Vacuflo system

genie73December 22, 2009

I'm looking at getting the Vacuflo central Vac system. On the main floor and 2nd floor I have hardwood, tile and some area rugs. I would think that the bare floor head would suit my purposes for the most part. The Turbocat Voom head is not electric, does it not do a good job on hardwood floors? Is it just overkill or is the bare floor head better and therefore I shouldn't waste my money on the Turbocat Voom?

I will be getting low profile carpet in my basement eventually, would it work well on that or would I need to get an electric head for that area?

Basically I'm not sure if I need or want the Turbocat Voom vacuum head.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eteinne

I had a Vacuflo for 16 years. The Turbocat is for carpet only. You would use the bare floor tool for the hardwood. The Turbocat provides brushing action on carpet. It will work well on low profile carpet. I had never had a Turbocat but was talked into it as they told me it would do the same job as an electric. I had very high pile plush carpet and it just didn't cut it. I had central vac in 2 previous homes and used an electric power head. I ended up buying an electric hose and power head for each floor.

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 8:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
allora

Vacuflo has a microfiber attachment for hardwood floors. I just love it. When it gets dirty I just throw it in the washer. It is the best of both worlds.....suction and dust mop.

Bookmark   January 2, 2010 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™