Cross-post, Are colorful Front loaders too trendy?

drewemMay 16, 2012

Hello! I posted this in the laundry section also, but I was wondering if the colorful front loaders are too trendy?

Going to get a new Electrolux set due to good reviews and love the look of the reds, blues, stainless, etc. I don't want them to become dated too quickly though.

This is a laundry room that you walk through to go to the garage, and from the garage to the kitchen.

If you have them, do you ever think oh I wish I got the white ones? Do you still love them after all the years?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cpovey

Buy white or stainless. If you have my luck, you will buy a color that goes out of date quickly, and then you get stuck with an washing machine in some shade of green that lasts, and lasts, and lasts, and lasts, and ...

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 10:31AM
drewem

That is what I am afraid of....but the red one and the blue one are sooo pretty. haha.

Do you think the same thing will happen with the Stainless looking ones?

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 12:10PM
Alliegator

I love my red one. Maybe it will go out of style, but I love it, so who cares what other people think.

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 2:52PM
marcolo

Are you afraid a stranger will barge into your laundry room and sneer at the color of your clothes dryer?

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 1:26AM
rococogurl

I'd worry more about how well they clean and dry the clothes than the color.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:11AM
modern_mom35

I have a bright red LG and love it!

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 2:07PM
drewem

No, no strangers, just hate to spend all that money on a great Electrolux and then think of it as dated a year or 2 down the line. And you have to spend more to get any ones other than white. That's why I was asking how others who own them feel.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 2:29PM
windycitylindy

I don't think the bright reds or blues are prevalent enough at the moment to look dated in just a couple of years. I think something usually has to be pretty widespread as a trend before it will start to look dated. I would be more worried about stainless looking dated because it is so, so common these days (not trying to start a debate, and I have plenty of stainless myself ;).

If you love the bright red or blue and it will make you smile when you do laundry, go for it. Laundry can be dreary, so enjoy what part of it you can!

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 3:40PM
rmtdoug

Having just bought a brand new, bright red LG, my reasoning was as follows:

1. It was on closeout for $450 under list ($1,100), with an additional $50 rebate. A white one was $200 more.

2. Color? see #1.

My wife loves it. It brings a smile to her face every time she uses it. It's a happy washing machine.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™