compatible fixture replacement

NJDarkMay 27, 2014

I am looking for information on replacing a tub fixture with a modern one yet I am having the damnedest time even finding anything about the old fixture. The old fixture is the type that has a single control knob and the tub shower pull combined as one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to a store with a plumbing expert & take a photo with you. My go-to place is Ace Hardware. I actually do most of my shopping at one of the big box stores, but when it comes to something I'm really not sure of, I ask the guys at Ace. They just seem to be so knowledgeable. Don't forget to take the helps immensely. Good luck!

    Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 11:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If it's that old, the valve behind the wall needs replacing anyway. No point in even worrying about a retrofit. Replace it all. And, if the tile install is of the era, that will probably have water damage behind it too and need replacing.

    Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 2:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

OT: Just want to echo your plug for Ace Hardware. When I need just the right bolt or Dremel attachment, there's always a guy there to help out. I love being able to buy just what I need in the little bags.

    Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 2:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™