Looking for 1.5 (one and a half) Wall Oven in the US?

kris680May 15, 2010

Does anyone know if you can buy a 1.5 wall oven configuration in the US? I want to replace a single wall oven and microwave combo with 1 large and 1 small oven. I want to avoid going with the standard 2 large ovens and I don't want a microwave. Frequently I'm cooking something where I really only need 1/2 size oven so I'd love to find a 1.5 wall option. They're quite popular in Europe and New Zealand but definitely hard to find in the US. Here's a link to show you what I mean:

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/kitchen-laundry-appliances/ovens-cooktops/wall-ovens/fisher-paykel-ob60b77dex1-1-5-designer-stainless-steel-wall-oven/prod13545.html

Anyone install this 1.5 configuration in the US and if so, what brand? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookie08

GE has just the oven for you, two ovens in the place of one

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Profile Single-Double Wall Oven

Bookmark   May 15, 2010 at 5:02PM
kris680

Thanks for the suggestion :) But, I'm looking for one normal/standard size oven AND one that's half-size (such as the one in the New Zealand link I listed). The two-in-one configuration means lose that one normal/standard oven. I'm really surprised there isn't more of a demand for these in the US.

Bookmark   May 15, 2010 at 8:38PM
drjoann

Ah, another poor soul in search of the Holy Grail of wall ovens. I really wanted the same thing, but couldn't find it. I basically gave up & am getting a 24" Fagor as my 2nd, smaller oven. Great reviews on AJ Madison & can't beat the price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fagor 24 inch Convection Oven

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 12:59AM
kris680

drjoann, thanks for the input! Do you have them stacked just like regular double ovens? If so, did you have to do anything special in terms of electrical set-up/venting given you're running two different systems?

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™