Online purchase of wood floors?

msmagooApril 25, 2013

Has anyone purchased wood floors online? I have looked in the Big box stores, but there are places online that have so much more selection. We have also checked Lumber Liquidators and weren't impressed.
Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popeda

LL doesn't always inform the customer that their cheap deals are seconds and possibly thirds. DH had a heck of a time making some LL flooring work; the tongues didn't fit the grooves,etc. We have ordered online for the last two builds. We really like the quality of Kahrs from Sweden, available at several places online. Not a problem, and in our case saved at least the sales tax.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 9:50PM
Steve_11

In my opinion instead of buying online I suggest either drive direct to store and choose what we like or hit the manufacturers place and ask them to make wood floors according to our choice ... I prefer not to buy online

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 1:14AM
angel411

We bought from Lumber Liquidators and are very happy. They sent us several samples that we requested and the one we ended up choosing was perfect. When the floors came in, my DH pulled our golf cart trailer down to pick them up from the warehouse. We chose our own installers. We would use them again- no problems at all! Here is a picture...they are 4 inch prefinished pine, which fits in with our rustic farmhouse look.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 8:14AM
bmh4796

we purchased online from a floor store in Georgia when we built 6 years ago. we didn't have any problems at all. the floors were Mohawk and were 7.99/sf locally as well as at Lowes. from the Georgia store online, we got them 4.50/sf. my advice is make sure you get a sample before ordering. also check out the website for the brand of the floor you want to check for a picture of them installed in an entire room

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 6:34PM
millworkman

As with anything online, make certain of what your getting!

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
Front Entry door
I am totally out of my comfort zone on the one! We...
3ilovepie
help me choose our floors
We have 2 options for our floors - white oak (longer...
3ilovepie
What is this style of home called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
Would you trust a builder to create a blueprint from your own sketch?
We have heard of people building custom without using...
liv2tell
Please help critique this floor plan.
Hi all. We are hoping to break ground within the next...
daboyd4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™