Electrolux Icon Slide-In Cooktop - thoughts?

Why_not_meMay 14, 2013

I was doing my initial tire-kicking thing for smooth glass cooktops yesterday. Started at the expensive shop (Miele and Thermador), then worked on from there, looking at imported and domestic brands.

Carried on with the research last night, and came across across the Electrolux Icon Slide-In Cooktop, E36EC75HSS.

It does everything I want, in the size I want, and I really liked the idea of the knobs along the front vs on top. Plus, 6 rings instead of 5!

I know there are glass cooktops with electronic touch-pad controls vs knobs, controls clustered at the front or at the right, 30" or 36", various sizes and locations for rings, induction or radiant, ss trim or clean edges, etc, etc, etc.

I'm open to suggestion for other smooth glass cooktops, but reallly, I'm particularly curious what others think about this particular cooktop? There's not much available on line - couple of negative comments at Madisons, and that's about it.

pdf with details here:

http://manuals.electroluxusa.com/prodinfo_pdf/Lassomption/E36EC75HSS_0411.pdf

Madison reviews here:

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/E36EC75HSS.html#BVRRWidgetID

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Icon Slide-In Radiant Cooktop

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

I didn't know that anybody besides VIking.made radiant electric rangetops. And I sure never thought I'd see myself saying this, but the VIking 36" electric rangetop is about $700 less than the Electrolux at AJM. Might want to check that out, too.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
Capital Culinarian Huge Problems - HORRIBLE customer service!
I bought a Culinarian because of what I read here on...
explauren
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™