Corner tubs

mrspeteMay 19, 2013

We're considering a corner tub: one-person sized, no jets, deep as possible, no shower -- that'll be a separate item. Definitely built into a deck so that it has a bit of a ledge for a drink or a couple candlesticks.

Anything I ought to know about corner tubs? Hints or details to avoid? It's okay to assume I know nothing about this subject . . . 'Cause that's pretty much true.

I suppose I'm asking because so few people have corner tubs, and that makes me wonder if they're tricky in some unseen way.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fripp_07

It depends on how much room you have. We replaced our dated corner tub with a Japanese style soaker - Neptune Bora. I was limited to 60" and this one worked perfectly. It is quite deep though and had to be framed in.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 9:04PM
mrspete

I can't quote the size off the top of my head, but the dimensions are perfect for a corner tub, I know my size is good.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 9:08PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

If you are talking one of those angled corner tubs, they are much harder to get in and out of than a standard tub. It's better to do a "regular" tub at an angle across the corner. You will have the actual corner for a ledge but you won't have the controls in your way in getting in and out.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 10:40PM
mrspete

Okay, that's a good point . . . No, I'm not thinking of an angled corner tub. I am thinking of a standard tub built into a tiled deck. I had an image in my mind, but I don't think I had actually thought that through.

So that opens up pretty much any tub in the world. Not what I had been thinking.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™