help please- getting sticky stuff off wood furniture

piper101December 5, 2006

Does anyone have a good remedy for getting that sticky stuff from stickers/tape etc. off of wood furniture? And just to complicate things more, it's kind of a transparent painted wood surface. By Ethan Allen so I have no idea how they finish/seal the top of the colored part and they no longer make this collection either. I don't dare use rubbing alcohol or finger nail polish removal for fear it will rub off some of the paint/colored stain. If you have any suggestions I would so appreciate it. Thanks, Nicole

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

Pledge or another furniture polish will most likely dissolve the glue. Give it a little rub.

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 9:52PM
kathyg_in_mi

Goo Gone is all ways great for sticky stuff, but not sure about using it on wood surfaces. Another trick is to use mayonaise or peanut butter. They really do work and won't harm the wood! Just rub one of them on and wipe off, you may have to repeat the process a few times, but it should work.
Kathy G in MI

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 3:51PM
tiffanyt

Try using just a little bit of baby oil on a cotton ball, and then rubbing dry with a paper towel. Good Luck!

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 4:47PM
TACHE

WD40 is a sure fire way of removing that sticky stuff from stickers. You might do well to try it on the inside of a leg to see if it harms the finish.

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
How do you clean your oven racks?
I just ran the self-cleaning feature on my Gaggenau...
kawfeeaddict
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Film on glasses from dishwasher: etched?
The drinking glasses now look cloudy. I have been using...
linnea56
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™