Question about 36" Range installation

Kristen HallockMay 20, 2013

So I am buying a 36" Bluestar RNB. I already have the gas installed where the range will go. I know I need a certified natural gas installer to install the range.

What I'm wondering about is where to have the range placed when its delivered. I cant have them slide it into place, right? because the gas guy will need to get back there to hook up the range, right?

Do I have them put it right in front of the spot where the range will go? Or do I leave out an adjacent cabinet until after the range is installed?

I'll have an island in front of the range and a 42" aisle. Should we not install the island until the range is in place? The range will be able to be moved out if it ever needs too, I just dont want to risk having cabinets or floors scratched in the install process - Should we try to put felt pads on the legs to protect our hardwood floors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barryv_gw

If it comes fully assembled, I I would have them put it in place. Assuming your gas line is in the right place with the right shutoff, all the installer will do will be to slide it out, then hook up a flex connector to the gas line, plug in the electrical cord, then slide it back and do the tuneup. Note that mine came in a box strapped to a pallet, so I had to put on the feet as well, so if it comes on a pallet, you probably won't be able to put it in place, but will have it placed nearby. Those plastic sliders they sell at hardware stores are great for going on the feet - they will protect the floors, and make it easier to slide out.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
DCS double wall oven--reviews?
I'm in the market for a double wall oven and saw a...
anna_chosak
36" induction cooktop with bridge
So far we've only found two 36" induction glass-top...
woodysapsucker
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Sponsored Products
Angel Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$984.00 | Lumens
Benjamin Linen Chair - NATURAL
$1,059.00 | Horchow
Atheneum Antique Gold Copper Wall Clock
$63.99 | Bellacor
Question Mark D├ęcor
$29.99 | zulily
Olde Country Dinner Bell
Signature Hardware