Bluestar assistance-floor model

eileen1217May 6, 2012

Hi,

I am mostly a lurker on this forum and try to keep up on all the opinions on various ranges. We are looking for a 36" range and have come across a 36" bluestar heritage with raised griddle that the store is trying to sell for around 4,700.00. The store stopped selling bluestar, as they did not meet the demand they expected, and thus this lone model keeps getting marked down, as it is not a model that most gravitate to. I saw the paperwork and, although it is new and never used, it was delivered to their store in Dec 2007. My main concern is that I have read on this forum that bluestar experienced some problems back then, mainly with hot doors, and so I am concerned that, although, Bluestar has since stepped up and fixed various issues, this particular range is still susceptible to old bluestar standards/issues. Also concerned that it has been sitting in a store for 4.5 years. Should I be? Any advice for me? At this point in our search, we are debating between this model and 36" wolf with griddle.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

The first problem is that this model has the old style oven door hinges which are prone to locking up.

The second issue is you basically have a 24" cooktop next to a 12" salamander. You can't use two wide pans next to each other as you would in a standard 36" range nor even as much room as a 30" range.

A brand spanking new 36" RNB VI is ~$5300? Versus ~$5600 for the AG Wolf? I think I would get a new RNB VI.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 3:02PM
eileen1217

deeageaux,
thank you so much for taking the time to respond and make this issue clear for me. I appreciate it very much.
you put it into perspective and it makes perfect sense. Again, thank you. we will look at the new range.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:41PM
guadalupe

Check with Bluestar service I bet you will have no warranty on a range that old, even though it is new.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Water Pooling on Bottom of Refrigerator and Leaking
Hi: I have a Kenmore Pro 48 inch side by side Refrigerator....
Rob Fleming
DCS double wall oven--reviews?
I'm in the market for a double wall oven and saw a...
anna_chosak
24' Appliances: Liebherr or Fagor?? Bertazzoni or other?
Can anyone weigh in on small space appliances? While...
petersen
Sponsored Products
Aaryan Blue Round: 8 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$460.95 | Bellacor
Bluestar 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™