Advantium 120 vs. 240

sparkier73May 15, 2013

Trying to find a good comprehensive list of the differences between the Advantium 120 and the 240 (built in). I get that the 240 cooks faster. But beyond that?
The GE website says of the 120:
"Four ways to cook: Choose from Speedcook technology, traditional oven cooking microwave or warming modes all with the convenience of 120-volt installation."
Of the 240, it simply says:
"Food cooks consistently, every time."
Does that mean the 240 doesn't have traditional oven cooking and/or warming modes?
I am willing to sacrifice cooking speed for baking, warming or toasting. Is that the choice I'm making between the two?
Or ... can I do everything in the 240 that I could in the 120, only faster?
Oh yeah - and I think I read somewhere that the 120 has more interior space....
Arghhh....
Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbja

According to GE's docs on the web, all three built-in Profile Advantium ovens (27"-120, 30"-120 & 30"-240) have the same interior space:

Cavity (W x H x D) 20-1/16 x 8-1/2 x 17

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 2:37PM
a2gemini

When I was looking - there were some problems with the 120. I went with the 240 and love it - it cooks fast and food is really great.
I even reheated pancakes one day and they tasted like they just came off the griddle - hard to believe it!

The 240 can MW, convection bake, brown(sort of like broiling), and can put all features together to make an awesome combination. How do you say SPEED!

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 8:49PM
williamsem

I will have a 240 V going in hopefully next week. When researching, it seemed that the 240 got much better reviews, with the 120 being considered underpowered. I decided if I was going to spend the money for an Advantium I wanted to make sure we loved it. I didn't want to regret getting a smaller unit or less power and be frustrated. So I got the 240 built in instead of the 120 or the OTR model.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™