favorite brand of regular broom for hardwood, dog hair.

oopsie913December 12, 2010

We have a lab and also it seems we have a lot of dust....seems like my broom just doesnt really sweep the hair up well. Whats especially a prob is when i go to sweep it all into the dust pan...It clings more to the broom then sweeps into the pan... drives me nuts/. I have to continually rap the broom out on my back porch rail...any recommendations on your favorite type of broom. I have almost all hardwood....thanks guys.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I prefer to use my canister vacuum cleaner to pick up dog hair, but if not that, then a Swiffer broom with a paper towel in place of the Swiffer cloth - Bounty paper towels seem to work best.

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 4:55PM
mike_kaiser_gw

I think light, fluffy dirt like pet hair and dust bunnies are best cleaned up with a vacuum. If you don't want to go that route, a broom with some kind of sticky, attractant surface like a Swifter.

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 9:30AM
timberframe4us

I know this is a "late" post, but this general topic is popular. I find that a broom just stirs up the hair too much. I have the kind of flat mop that is like a Swiffer but reusable. I use that between vacuumings, and I vacuum the mop head when it is covered with hair. (That's with the hose of the vacuum and multiple times during one mopping but still much easier than going all over with the vacuum.)

Does anyone have any thoughts about limiting the "drift" of the pet hair? If I set up a bed for the dog, she'll usually stay there, but the hair wanders all over anyway. Would a crate with partial sides help? Any other ideas?

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™