Stainless steel appliances

karle13December 29, 2013

What is the best way to clean SS appliances? Anything new on the market??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krissie55

Spray W-D 40 on a soft cloth, wipe stainless steel clean. Then wipe good with dry soft cloth.

Try to touch nothing more than the door handle to prevent messy fingerprints all over the frig. Having said that, if you have children in the family, learn to live with a frig with fingerprints all the time, call them "love smudges".

Adults can do their share of finger prints/smudges too. Many will not wash/dry hands before going to frig to get things out and leaving not only fingerprints but also drips down front of frig.

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 4:58PM
grainlady_ks

I use Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner or Sprayway Glass Cleaner (which is ammonia free) and a special (silver/gray in color) microfiber towel designed to be used with stainless steel.

Description of Spayway Stainless Steel Cleaner:

Cleans, polishes, preserves and protects stainless steel without hard rubbing and polishing. Resists finger prints, grease and water spatter. Helps preserve the factory finish.
Use on all types of stainless steel, window frames, trims, doors, corridor guards, kick plates, autoclaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, sterilizers, etc. Also excellent for chrome.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam's Club - Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 4:59AM
karle13

Thank you!!just actually got back from Home Depot and found the Zep in the foam that I also read about, and found 409 stone and steel cleaner I am going to try! They did not have spray way there!

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 3:14PM
albert_135

A hospital where I was employed used something that smelled like WD-40.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™