Shower sliding door advice

commokMay 23, 2012

I have a remodeled masterbath with a 48"x60" walkin shower (opening is 58" wide). Due to the layout of the bathroom, we are going with a sliding door - one with a 30" fixed glass panel, and a 29" sliding glass door - 3/8" tempered glass on both. Two models that are being offered by the glass companies are the CR Lawrence Serenity, and the Cardinal Skyline. The difference in price for an installed system is $500 (Serenity $1400, Skyline $1900). Both look great, the difference is the Serenity has a square 1-3/16" hollow bar supporting the panels, while the Skyline has a 3/4" solid round bar. Anyone have either of these doors, and can comment on them? Any advice? I am thinking the less expensive door should work fine, but wonder if any of you have advice...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Should be no issues with either, the only real difference would be aesthetics which would be entirely up to you. Both companies make a good product and providing the installation is top notch you should have no issues. That being said the best products in the world install be a lousy installer will cause problems so be careful on that end.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 8:15AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue_b

I almost didn't reply since I don't have exactly what you are asking for. But if someone else looking for sliding doors hits this thread....we got one from Basco and you can order them through Lowes (& use the 15% off moving discount coupon on their site if they still have it). I am happy with it and they have many glass options. I know most people prefer clear. We got the easy clean shield treatment and it does seem to work well.

Basco's web site, now with a luxury line and many frameless models they didn't used to have
http://www.bascoshowerdoor.com/home.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: Basco shower doors

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
Sponsored Products
Foremost Shower Enclosures Tides 56 in. to max width of 60 in. wide x 58 in. H.
Home Depot
Mason Jar Scrubby Holder
$6.99 | zulily
32" x 32" Jannu Square Shower Tray
Signature Hardware
Coventry Yellow Medium Scale Floral 68-by-63 Inch Tailored Panel Pair Curtains w
$33.95 | Bellacor
Design House Recessed Lighting 6 in. Recessed Lighting White Shower Trim with
$7.84 | Home Depot
Vigo 48-inchClear Glass Frameless Shower Door with Chrome Hardware
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™