And, Speaking of Witches

lynninnewmexicoSeptember 30, 2010

I am doing a happy dance! I've just now bought (ordered) our tickets to the Broadway musical, "Wicked". It comes to Albuquerque in late-January. I can't believe that I had to buy tickets this far in advance, but to get good seats, I did . . . and I got good seats ~ yippee!!! Emily is going to be so happy! Being very involved in her chorale group for the past 8 years, she's been dying to see "Wicked" when it came to town.

And, getting back to Halloween decs, here's my own friendly witch dec. I made her many years ago, as I really don't like having scary decs in my house, just happy, friendly ones ;^D

Meet Agatha:

Lynn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

That is a cool witch, lynn!...but I think she's between looking like a good witch or a bad one! LOL! Must be the warts & the open mouth! You must have made her in a ceramics class, right? Anyway, she looks right at home sitting there with her broom on that pumpkin.

Congrats on the tickets to "Wicked" ... our son has vacationed a couple times in NY the past few yrs (where I have never been BTW)..& he saw the broadway show there...& enjoyed! That will certainly be a wonderful gift for your daughter! TFS, lynn! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 12:07PM
luvstocraft

I've heard that show is wonderful, so know you are in for a good time. So glad you were able to get the tickets!

I agree with Jeanne, your witch looks a little bit mean. You did a nice job on her.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 5:14PM
excessfroufrou

Your going to love "Wicked". We spent last Christmas in Chicago with our DS. He took us to see the show as part of a Christmas present, and it was wonderful. I love your crafty witch, she's such a lady, we can tell by the way she's perched on that pumpkin.
Frou

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 5:43PM
Purplemoon

You called ???????

Oh wait, you didn't mean me. Whew. Congratulations, I know you will have wonderful evening at that show.

Your witch looks a little TOO happy, what's she drinking?
Errr, I mean thinking? Whatever is in that cauldron, I don't think I want to know. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 6:50PM
kathleen_li

That's great, Lynn! And that witch is very very wicked!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:12PM
christmascandy

Sounds like you are in for a "Treat" when you go see the show.

Agatha looks like she is a bit "sooty." She must have been dancing too near the fire!! LOL

TTFN,
Candy

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:19PM
bonnieann925

Wicked!Lucky you and your DD! It's in Boston now and I really want to see it but can't decide if we should see it here or in NYC. The problem is that NYC is encountering a major issue with bed bug infestation, which might just make me stay home and see it locally. I know someone who saw it in NY, and she said it's by far the best Broadway show she's has seen EVER...and she's a theater teacher!

Agatha looks like a happy witch!

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
from Purplemoon
I still haven't gotten Houzz to accept my old name,...
Purplemoon
Mardi Gras Breakfast
Getting ready for tomorrow. For more information and...
oldalgebra
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™