Any recommendations for a basic stove?

stayhomemomMay 2, 2012

Hi, My Mom is in need of replacing her 30y/o kenmore 36inch gas stove. Hers has the option of high/ med / low flame on all 4 burners, and she'd like to find a stove with that same option, whichalso has good reviews...anyone have any recommendations? She has a failry new GE in her basement, and the digital thermostat has never worked right...also, the burners do not all provide the same BTU's...she wants something basic and trustworthy. Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

I keep looking at your post and wondering what's out there for your mom. It's an appliance jungle out there which takes a village to make it through: so much has changed from her 30 y/o Kenmore.

Without over emphasizing, perhaps she'd like to know who manufactures in, or parts are made in America. I saw this article, and thought this may be an avenue for you and she to sit together and start your search.

"Which appliances are still American-made?"
Whirlpool, Amana, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Sub Zero, Viking, Dacor, Staber, and Speed Queen for home use.

Good luck on her quest for burner's with low, mid, high. I should think they are still available. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: This link may be helpful:

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™