Help with Kids Bath Layout

mkhavzMay 8, 2013

Hi everyone!
We are about to start a whole-house renovation and I need help planning the bathroom that will be shared between my 3 daughters.
The picture below was taken standing in the doorway. The toilet is straight ahead, the shower/tub is directly to your right (behind the door). We will be removing the bump-out beyond the vanity, so the bathroom will reclaim that space.

My first thought is that we should switch the location of the vanity and the toilet, so the toilet is tucked behind the shower wall and the vanity is seen from the door. However, I am starting to rethink this idea. Keeping in mind that the vanity will be shared between 3 girls - do I really want to see the vanity from the doorway? I can only imagine there will be a day where it is constantly covered in hairdryers and make up. Perhaps the door facing the toilet is the less of 2 evils!

Also, by removing the bump-out we should be able to fit in a double vanity and more storage. Another plus when dealing with 3 girls!

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

Sounds like fun! It's hard to offer advice without some dimensions. Can you draw out the space on graph paper to scale and post? Are there limitation on what can move?

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™