Pedestal Sink plumbing question...

ladydredreMay 11, 2012

I purchased the park pedestal sink from restoration hardware. What are the alternatives if I don't buy their decorative water supply kit (the tube and kit cost a whopping $430)... will the plumber just provide something basic? Are there any other good looking altenatives? What do most people do with a pedestal sink??

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware supply kit and drain trap

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweeby

There are inexpensive 'decent' looking alternatives at Home Depot, moderately priced 'good' looking alternatives through a plumbing supply house, and a variety of 'good to great' looking alternatives online at all price points.

How visible will your plumbing be? In other words, is your sink directly opposite a door that will be left open most of the time? Is it an upstairs kids' bath? Will it be behind a center pedestal or exposed by an open-front console?

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 7:04PM
ladydredre

It is off of the TV/family room so will be used by guests when casually entertaining and the sink is right in front of the door...

talked to the plumber today he said he could try to mount everything close together so its hidden - so 1 option is to do nothing and live with the semi hidden regular uglyish stuff...

but, actually found something decent for much less that i'm considering .... http://www.decorisland.com/details.asp?productid=45402&optionid=237406&feedid=2&utm&zmam=85702793&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=D1638L-26

Here is a link that might be useful: kit for $130 - westbrass

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 1:06AM
ladydredre

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=RMPK-102-CP

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=RMPK-102-CP

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 1:47AM
chefwong

I've ALWAYS used the Kohler Angle Stops and their CAST Chrome P trap.

I wish the handle was a bit more update but for aesthetics, I prefer them....

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 8:06AM
kamkar2006

ladydredre

Would you mind posting the finished result as we bought the same sink and I would love to see the outcome? The westbrass option looks good for us since we have a polished nickel faucet! I would love to see how the plumber could hide it!

Thanks

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 12:14AM
djdoggone

We are considering the Park sink and wonder if you would recommend it? Any concerns about quality?

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™