Not into orange? How about pink?

luvstocraftSeptember 28, 2010

I like pink--but for Halloween, not so much! Thought you gals might like to see this however. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinkoween

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

The pink and silver is pretty darn neat looking! This might give Frou some ideas too! ;o)

I don't mind orange during Fall, mixed in with the rusts and golds and browns, but I really am not a big fan of the orange with black that much. Probably the main reason I don't do a lot of Halloween decorating. Now that purple is becoming a popular color for it tho, my interest may perk up more.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 5:26AM
excessfroufrou

Actually it is cool looking, y'all know I love pink for most every occasion. But, Fall and the 4th of July are the two holidays, I stick with the traditional colors, mostly anyway. I do like the pink and silver cupcakes, they look positively scrumptious.
Frou

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 11:10AM
kathleen_li

I just ordered pink flatware, but for Halloween it isn't doing it for me.
I don't like plain orange. I can take it mixed with the Fall, and to me, with the black it is traditional for Halloween. I do like the purple and black too, Karen, but no pink!

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 2:04PM
oldalgebra

Kathleen,
From where did you order PINK flatware????
OA

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 3:37PM
luckygal

That's very pretty and would be very appropriate for a girlie dessert party. Not something I'd do for Halloween tho. I'm partial to white pumpkins altho still have a few orange ones of course.

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 4:46PM
phonegirl

I love pink and loved it for a change. I don't think I would go to that extreme for Halloween. However, I love my pink Christmas tree each year. I really like the purple and green that has been added for Halloween colors.

Punk

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 12:03AM
lynninnewmexico

Hmmmmm . . . well, it WAS very inventive, but it just didn't look the least bit Halloweenish to me. Still, I do like seeing ANY holiday decs, so thanks for the link, Kay.

Karen, I'm with you, I can only handle orange & black during the Fall months. But, like you, I'm loving the bright purple and greens they're using this season!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 2:14PM
Purplemoon

Ladies...take note...KATHLEEN actually said the words
"NO PINK". Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day!
LOL

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 6:18PM
kathleen_li

Karen, just for Halloween, and Christmas too. Otherwise I am good with it for Spring and Summer.
OA, from Bealls . I hope I like it! I ordered some for a friend too. Now I need black, and white. That's it, I think! But maybe not...:)

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 10:22PM
nhardy

I'm a traditionalist on Halloween colors. I love the fall colors. But if we all tuck in a little pink into our decorations for breast cancer awareness. I need to get started to drag out my fall decorations. I have been so overwhelmed with Mom's knee replacement last month.

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 2:14PM
Purplemoon

Very good point, N. A tiny pink piece could slip in anywhere.
I imagine you were very overwhelmed with your Mom's surgery. I saw what my friend just went thru recovering from her's, as well as the gal she was staying with. Awful. I hope your Mom's on the road to healing but know it takes such a long time. Not to mention the pain and rehab.

Kathleen, after seeing Judith's pink Christmas stuff years ago, and then some more during my night browsing, I was surprised how pretty it can be. Very surprised. I wouldn't do a whole house, but a small tree wouldn't bother me at all. Then again, I'm not really that happy with the traditional red and green. I prefer burgundy and hunter green when I can. Love those colors!

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 4:28PM
kathleen_li

Yes, I love the burgundy and dark green too.

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 4:56PM
yachter123

Ok, where's the pink poodle skirt???? Sorry, not doing it for me, but it's cute, but not for fall or Halloween!

Judith's pink Christmas was elegant & gorgeous, but there are just some places PINK does not go!

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™