Pull-out trash can system recommendations?

Madeline616December 6, 2011

Posting here as well as kitchens...Remodeling kitchen and replacing my stinky under-the-sink trash can cabinet with a pull-out trash system in another location. Despite every sanitizing and deodorizing trick in the book, the wood in the under sink cabinet absorbed trash odors and I was never able to remedy it.

I'm looking at this Rev-A--Shelf system, link below, and like the fact that the cans are metal and they have tops.

My contractor wants to build me one himself, with a rubber gasket and linoleum liner. He's afraid of things drip into the rev-a-shelf tracks/space between door and door mount hardware, it'll be impossible to clean.

Anyone with good or bad pull out trash can systems or experiences? Anyone used this or another Rev-A-Shelf? Any recs/advice appreciated. I don't need 2 cans, but would prefer it.

http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-263-double-bottom-mount-covered-stainless-steel-waste-containers.aspx

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Here is a clickable link to the Rev-A-Shelf.

I wonder how tight the covered lid is on the Rev-A-Shelf. It covers two pails and don't see how it can cover them well enough to keep odors in. Personally I prefer a garbage can sitting out and away from my cabinets, making them more easily accessible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-A-Shelf

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 9:14AM
Madeline616

Hey Gray,

Yes, I wondered about the lid, too--although I think there are 2 black plastic lids, one in front and one in back, and I think--but not sure--they automatically some off when you pull out the cans, so yes, maybe not that tight-fitting.

I'd love to have a stand-alone can. No room, though, unless it would sit practically in my living room :-0

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 9:50AM
harrison4803

Hey guys, I built a simple pull out system for less than $20 using purchased drawer guides and left over lumber. See my YouTube video:

Here is a link that might be useful: Trash Can Pullout Cabinet for less than $20.00

Bookmark   December 29, 2011 at 3:23PM
More Discussions
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™