Ceiling mounted rain head vs standard wall mounted shower head?

tcjohnssonMay 15, 2009

I have two showers in my two bedroom unit (I didn't want tubs).

The showers are decent size at about 34" wide x 55" long. They each have a 14" deep x 19" high x 34" wide shower bench. My question is would you prefer to have a rain head where the shower head is mounted to the ceiling in the middle of the shower? Or would you rather opt for the standard wall-mounted shower head? Pros? Cons?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flseadog

There was an enlightening discussion on this a while back so you should try doing a search. In general the gist of the comments was that a rain shower head experience is usually gentle and those with thick hair have difficulty rinsing shampoo and other hair products. Many, however, like the rain shower for the gentleness. In one shower that will be used by grubby children coming in from playing outside we have installed both a rain shower and a handshower in hopes that they will be enticed into getting cleaned up before they wander through the house. This will also probably be the dog shower. We haven't had a chance to use it yet as we are still waiting for our c.o. HTH.

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™